Kylie's been very feisty these past few days. She wasn't feeling well the end of last week so I'm glad she's doing better. Last Friday she spent the entire day sleeping except for two hours around lunch, and a few hours in the evening. Then on Saturday I was feeling crummy with a slight stomach ache and repeated the same pattern. I'm guessing we had the same thing but am glad to be back on the mend!
Our sweetie has a lot of determination and attitude for someone so small! I've been taking her to the park and going on walks with her on nearly a daily basis lately. It's been raining nearly everyday for the past two weeks, so I try to make it out if there is a break with some sunshine. It's good for both of us to get out and for her to be able to run around at her hearts content. She likes riding around in the stroller much more now than she used to so it's nice to take her on little jaunts around the neighborhood. I can really tell a difference in days that we go out and those that we don't. She's a very busy little girl for certain and it just makes things hard if she can't get some of her energy out!
Kylie has also learned what you do with magic markers, though this is something definitely didn't teach her (she lifts up her shirt or dress and writes on her stomach). At least it was that and not on her dress right? She has many loves in her life, which haven't seemed to change (dad, babies, dogs, capri sun's and can's from the basement). She seems to think we are witholding yummy, yummy treats from her, so she'll go down into the basement pantry, grab a can of anything and painstakingly drag it up the stairs and beg for us to open it for her. We've learned that she'll rarely eat what's in the can, so I'm not sure exactly what she's thinking when she does this! Lately when she wants to eat something she'll point at it or hold it and say "yum! yum!". It's so cute!
I accepted a new calling this past week. In addition to playing the organ I now get to work in the nursery! I had a calling in the nursery probably four or five years ago and loved it. I can never figure out why people don't like being with the nursery. We have a really good class, with a large room and the children are all the younger ones, just around Kylie's age (18months-2years). The other teacher is just awesome and also has a little girl in our class. I'm really excited about it.
6 comments:
I love hearing about your little Kylie! She's getting so big and is so darling! I'm excited about your new calling! Who are you working with? Hopefully in 6 months Ali can join the fun crew!
I love hearing about the cute things she does. That's so cute that she goes to the pantry, what determination. Have fun with the new calling.
Bryce is Abigail's nursery teacher and loves it.
What a fun little girl you have!
Kylie is such a sweetie. I'm glad you both are feeling better. I hate being sick and hate when my kids are sick. You will be so great in the Nursery. Those kids are lucky to have you!! I love nursery too.
It is so great to hear of someone that loves the nursery! It is always supper fun to have a calling that you love.
congrats on the new calling! I wish we had nursery leaders like you in our ward!
Hey, just fyi - we have a new adoption blog - www.friendshipdaisies.blogspot.com
Post a Comment