Thursday, February 28, 2008

Case Solved: Missing FedEx Package










About a month ago my work sent us some ski passes to our house via FedEx. The package was delivered and spent two days sitting on my porch because Jared wasn't back from Michigan yet. We never could find the package. Jared looked everywhere and FedEx insisted that it was left on our porch. I was convinced some hoodlum on our street had taken off with it.

Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the unusally warm few day's we've had since the snow has melted. And I did what all good gardener wannabes do... I started clearing out my flowerbeds. And low and behold I discovered a small sinkhole next to our foundation that was about a foot wide and a foot deep WITH MY FEDEX PACKAGE DOWN IN THERE! Albeit dirty and wet but thankfully the passes were printed on some heavy duty paper so they are a bit warped but in great condition considering. I can't believe they survived a month out in the elements.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Holy cow!! That's weird and funny at the same time! Yay for free passes! :)

The Van Horn's said...

My "green" thumb started itching a little bit today too. I trimmed two of our rose bushes and totally chopped two of our lillac bushes. There is so much to do out there that I couldn't let a nice day go to waste. You better hurry and use those ski passes before the snow all melts.

Jessica said...

That makes me laugh since we talked and you had said that you thought someone took the package. I'm glad you found it. Now you and Jared need to spend a day in the mountains and fast that snow is melting!

Rusti said...

That's crazy they held up in the snow! I did that once, with an envelope of engagement pictures. Unfortunatly the outcome wasn't so good.