
I can't believe it.
We have this small space (it's really just a park strip) with gravel in it that is next to our mailbox. Probably about twelve feet by four feet. There is no sprinkler system in this area and it gets extremely hot in the summer. This year I decided I was going to do something about it to make it look better. So a few months ago I divided some of my perennials and planted them in this area and took some of the gravel out. Nothing crazy, just some shasta daisies, sedum, iris etc. So I go out to get the mailbox today and see this neatly shoveled out hole where one of my purple iris's USED to be. Yup, somebody not only wanted one of my irises but they brought a shovel with them to get the job done.
Even if some complete strangers came up to my door and asked for a start it would be no big deal. I'm always splitting them and trying to give them away. A few years ago I had a tulip thief also but the three year old down the street confessed to that one :). But bringing along a shovel? Wow!
4 comments:
That's crazy! What a nice neighbor. Yesterday, my mom was showing me a spot in her flower bed that used to have 5 frog figurines playing musical instruments. It now only has 2. What's up with mean people?
WHAT??? That's ridiculous! I can't believe people!!
I can't believe it! Our neighbors from Providence must have moved in your neighborhood. At least they didn't spray your trees with weed killer like mom's.
You've been tagged...come visit my blog!
Post a Comment